Annual NEALS Meeting
2021 Annual NEALS Meeting
October 6 - 7, 2021
Due to ongoing challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2021 Annual NEALS Meeting will once again be a fully virtual event, to be held online October 6 - 7, 2021.
Please note that NEALS member training sessions will be held online on October 5, more details will be announced shortly.
For the 20th Annual Meeting, NEALS looks forward to welcoming NEALS members, ALS Research Ambassadors, foundation partners, company representatives, and ALS researchers to share exciting research updates and best practices. The virtual 2021 NEALS Meeting will ensure you won’t miss out on the latest in ALS research - we hope you'll join us!
Highlights of this year’s “Roaring 20th" virtual event include:
- Platform presentations on the latest in ALS research
- A special science symposium chaired by the NEALS Science Advisory Board (topic and speakers to be announced soon)
- Industry Partner & Member Roundtable
- PALS Roundtable
- “Hot Topic” session
- Networking Happy Hour
- Virtual Poster Library
- Additional sessions, to be announced shortly with the full schedule of events
Registration for the Annual NEALS Meeting will open in July 2021.
Interested in sponsoring the 2021 Annual NEALS Meeting? Please contact Tara Lincoln, NEALS Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
We invite you and your team to submit an abstract for presentation at the Virtual 2021 Annual NEALS Meeting. The deadline to submit an abstract for the Annual NEALS Meeting is August 2nd, 2021.
- Authors need not be a NEALS member to submit an abstract for consideration, but all presenters must register for the meeting
- All accepted abstracts will be made available online in the Virtual 2021 Annual Meeting Poster Library
- Any abstract related to either clinical or basic science investigations is welcome, and collaborative projects are especially encouraged
- Each abstract should be limited to 350 words and contain the background, hypothesis, methods, results to date (if ongoing) and discussion/conclusions
- Individuals may submit more than one abstract
- All abstracts will be reviewed for presentation as either a formal platform presentation on October 7th (~10 minutes, with 5 minutes for Q&A, to be presented during the virtual Abstract Platform Presentations session during the 2021 Virtual Annual NEALS Mtg on October 7th) OR as a poster (to be posted in the Virtual 2021 Annual Meeting Poster Library and presented during the live Virtual Poster Session on October 6th, 2021)
- The abstract receipt deadline, August 2nd, 2021, 11:59 PM, PST, will remain firm and any abstracts received after the deadline will not be accepted
- Authors of accepted abstracts will be notified by August 31st, 2021.
Two abstract awards will be given to poster presenters – one for a clinical investigation, and one for a basic science investigation. Additionally, the fourth annual UMN Achievement Award will be given for an abstract focused on PLS/UMN research. The UMN Achievement Award is supported by the Spastic Paraplegia Foundation (SPF) to promote UMN research and recognize those who contribute significantly to this field.
Embargo Policy: Information from any abstract or presentation is confidential and may not be announced, publicized, or distributed before the date and time of presentation.
Announcement(s) regarding the upcoming presentation of the abstract (such as acceptance for meeting presentation at the meeting, date of presentation) are permitted.
Publication Policy: Abstracts that have been previously presented at a scientific meeting or that have been submitted as a manuscript for publication may be considered for presentation at the Annual NEALS Meeting; please indicate any previous publication/submission detail(s) in the abstract submission.