2018 Annual NEALS Meeting
Registration is now open!
Connect with over 350 NEALS members, foundation partners, company representatives and ALS researchers at our Annual Meeting at the Opal Sands Resort in beautiful Clearwater Beach, Florida. The 17th Annual NEALS Meeting will be held October 2 - 4, 2018.
The 2018 NEALS Meeting will feature research updates, member presentations, an abstract poster session, a science symposium, and numerous networking opportunities. Click here to view the tentative schedule of events.
Call for Abstracts
The deadline to submit an abstract for the Annual NEALS Meeting is EOD on Friday, August 3rd, 2018.
Any abstract related to either clinical or basic science investigations is welcome. Collaborative projects are especially encouraged. Individuals may submit more than 1 abstract. All abstracts will be reviewed for presentation as either a formal 15 minute talk (plus Q&A) or poster presentation to be held during the meeting. Additionally, two abstract awards will be given to poster presenters – one for a clinical investigation, and one for a basic science investigation. These will be determined based on initial committee review with winners to be announced during Wednesday's general session.
Please direct your abstract(s) and any questions to Tara Lincoln, NEALS Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 3rd, 2018. Each abstract should be limited to 350 words and contain the background, hypothesis, methods, results to date (if ongoing) and discussion/conclusions.
NEALS will reimburse a one-night hotel stay at the Opal Sands Resort for all NEALS member abstract presenters. We are excited to offer these presentation opportunities to all NEALS members and look forward to sharing your work in October.
2017 Meeting Highlights
NEALS would like to thank all our members who attended the 16th Annual Meeting in Clearwater Beach!
- The 2017 symposium was the most well attended meeting yet with over 350 people, 18 pharma companies and 9 foundations represented.
- New sessions and events, including a Medical Monitoring training session, a welcome reception, a NEALS Member/Industry Partner Roundtable, and a luau/BBQ were added to the agenda.
- Over 70 abstract submissions were received this year and they can be viewed here.
- Dr. Terry Heiman-Patterson and Sara Feldman, Temple University, were recognized for their service on the NEALS Executive Committee.
- Dr. Stephen Goutman, University of Michigan, was awarded the Basic Science Poster Award and Dr. Ted Hyman, Washington University, received the Clinical Poster Award.
- 21 people with ALS and caregivers completed the 7th Annual Clinical Research Learning Institute (CRLI) training program to become ALS Research Ambassadors.
Click here to view the 2017 schedule of events: SCHEDULE.
Click here to view the 2017 detailed agenda: AGENDA.