2022 Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Authors need not be a NEALS member to submit an abstract for consideration, but all presenters must register for and attend the in-person* meeting. Non-presenter attendees will have the option to attend the meeting either virtually or in-person.
- All accepted abstracts will be made available to view online in a Virtual 2022 Annual Meeting Poster Library.
- Any abstract related to either clinical or basic science investigations is welcome, and collaborative projects are especially encouraged.
- Each abstract should be limited to 350 words and contain the background, hypothesis, methods, results to date (if ongoing) and discussion/conclusions.
- Individuals may submit more than one abstract.
- All abstracts will be reviewed for presentation as either a formal platform presentation on November 3 (15 minutes, to be presented in-person during the Abstract Platform Presentations session) OR as a poster (to be presented in-person during the Poster Sessions on either November 1 or November 2 and included in a Virtual 2022 Annual Meeting Poster Library).
- The abstract receipt deadline, August 12, 2022, 11:59 PM ET, will remain firm and any abstracts received after the deadline will not be accepted.
- Authors of accepted abstracts will be notified by September 9, 2022.
Two abstract awards will be given to poster presenters – one for a clinical investigation, and one for a basic science investigation. Additionally, the fifth annual UMN Achievement Award will be given for an abstract focused on PLS/UMN research. The UMN Achievement Award is supported by the Spastic Paraplegia Foundation (SPF) to promote UMN research and recognize those who contribute significantly to this field.
Embargo Policy: Information from any abstract or presentation is confidential and may not be announced, publicized, or distributed before the date and time of presentation.
Announcement(s) regarding the upcoming presentation of the abstract (such as acceptance for meeting presentation at the meeting, date of presentation) are permitted.
Publication Policy: Abstracts that have been previously presented at a scientific meeting or that have been submitted as a manuscript for publication may be considered for presentation at the Annual NEALS Meeting; please indicate any previous publication/submission detail(s) in the abstract submission.
*Please note that all in-person meeting attendees must provide proof of vaccination when registering for the Annual NEALS Meeting.