Weird Science: NEALS 1980
NEALS is going back to the future for our Annual Meeting, and we need your help to generate enough gigawatts to get us there!
To maintain energy throughout this year's virtual meeting, we plan to intersperse fun 80's relevant content throughout the sessions and during the Happy Hour. Along these lines we are asking you and/or your site to contribute content to one or more of these categories.
PLEASE SUBMIT ALL MATERIAL BY SEPTEMBER 4th:
1. Pictures (submit a picture of you from the 1980s)
2. Stories (send an audio or video recording of a short story about something fun or interesting that happened to you in the 1980s)
3. Join the NEALS Virtual Dance Party! Film yourself or your site using your mobile phone dancing to Whitney Houston's "I Wanna Dance with Somebody." Dress up! We want to see your sweet moves.
4. Alone or with your ALS team, record your take on a famous movie or TV show scene from the 1980s. Some ideas:
- Slide into the meeting ala Risky Business
- Blast Say Anything's "Your Eyes" from a boombox
- "Twist and Shout" with Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
- “Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes.”
- Take a minute to "phone home"
- Cut loose! ...Footloose
- "Yippie Ki Yay"
- Train for the big event with Rocky
- Meet us on the flight deck if you feel the need, the need for speed
Prizes will be awarded to the top submissions for 80's picture, story, dance and movie/tv scene recreation. Attendees will also have access to an online leaderboard that will be tracking attendee virtual participation throughout the Annual Meeting.
You can earn engagement points by submitting 80's content, attending Annual Meeting sessions, and engaging with the online meeting platform. Your individual contribution will increase the number of points your site has. The more people from your site that participate, the more points your site will earn. The site that is most engaged will have their membership dues waived for 2021!
Send the NEALS team your submissions one of two ways: