Call for Abstracts: 2020 Annual NEALS Meeting
Abstract submission is NOW OPEN!
On behalf of the NEALS Abstract Committee, we invite you to submit an abstract for presentation at the Virtual 2020 Annual NEALS Meeting. The deadline to submit an abstract for the Annual NEALS Meeting is August 17th, 2020.
- Authors need not be a NEALS member to submit an abstract for consideration, but all presenters must register for the meeting
- All accepted abstracts will be published in the 2020 Annual NEALS Meeting abstract publication and made available online in the Virtual 2020 Annual Meeting Poster Library
- Any abstract related to either clinical or basic science investigations is welcome, and collaborative projects are especially encouraged
- Each abstract should be limited to 350 words and contain the background, hypothesis, methods, results to date (if ongoing) and discussion/conclusions
- Individuals may submit more than one abstract
- All abstracts will be reviewed for presentation as either a formal platform presentation on October 1st (~10 minutes, with 5 minutes for Q&A, to be presented during the virtual Abstract Platform Presentations session during the 2020 Virtual Annual NEALS Mtg on October 1st) or as a poster (to be posted in the Virtual 2020 Annual Meeting Poster Library and presented during the live Virtual Poster Session on September 30th)
- The abstract receipt deadline, August 17th, 2020, 11:59 PM, PST, will remain firm and any abstracts received after the deadline will not be accepted
- Authors of accepted abstracts will be notified by the end of August 2020.
Two abstract awards will be given to poster presenters – one for a clinical investigation, and one for a basic science investigation. Additionally, the third annual UMN Achievement Award will be given for an abstract focused on PLS/UMN research. The UMN Achievement Award is supported by the Spastic Paraplegia Foundation (SPF) to promote UMN research and recognize those who contribute significantly to this field.